Many of you will be attending BlogPaws 2012, and while some of you may be lucky enough to be able to either bring your dog with you, or have a family member stay with them, others have to use the services of either an in-home dog sitter or a kennel.
If you are like me, when you leave notes for a pet sitter, they are typed or chicken-scratched on umpteen pieces of paper which are taped to cupboards or strewn on counters. All (or most) of the pertinent information about your dog is there, but it isn’t neatly arranged, and I bet there are things not on the list that you don’t realize are missing until you are winging your way to your destination, thousands of miles away.
I have the perfect solution to this problem!
A few weeks ago I was contacted by WiseUp! Workbooks and they asked me if I would be interested in featuring their Dog Care workbook on my Dakota’s Den.
I admit at first I was skeptical.
That lasted until the book arrived.
This book is SERIOUSLY AMAZING!
The workbook has ALL of the “important information you should provide for the care of your dog in the event of your absence-planned or otherwise.”
It is your pet sitter’s or kennel’s “Wise” guide. They are NOT kidding!
They have thought of information that many of us wouldn’t think of. All you do is just fill in the blanks. Once you fill out the information it is all in one place…IN the workbook, it is NOT strewn on counters or taped haphazardly throughout your house!
Take a look at some of the chapters in this handy workbook:
- Information About My Dog-which has info such as, date of birth, is the dog spayed or neutered, is the dog Microchipped? It even has an area to attach a photo of your dog which would be important if the unthinkable happened, your dog runs away or is separated from the kennel or sitter in some other way.
- Emergency Contact Information
- My Dog’s Personality-SUPER important as what works for one dog may not work for another!
- Daily Routine and Schedule
- List and Location of My Dog’s Supplies- we all cover this verbally, but what happens when the person you were sharing the info with wasn’t paying complete attention and they later forget? Yes,. this DOES HAPPEN!
- Health Care and Pet Insurance Information
- Financial Arrangements-we don’t like to think about this but it is a necessity. Even I had never given this issue serious thought until I received this workbook.
- Legal Trust for My Dog (sample Trust included)
The back of the work book has a handy RESOURCE section that includes websites for:
- Dog Supplies
- Dog Bedding
- Dog Grooming Tools and Supplies
- Pet Insurance
- Dog Medications
- Pet Legal Trusts
I wish I had this book when my husband and I vacationed last February. I know my friend who took care of Dakota and Cody in our absence would have greatly appreciated this workbook because the folks at WiseUp! have thought of EVERYTHING!
To purchase, visit WiseUp! Workbooks right here
ISBN : 978-1-937755-00-3
Number of pages : 50
Price : $12.99
GIVE-AWAY!! The nice folks at WiseUp! will give one workbook to one winner in either the U.S. or Canada. To be eligible, leave a comment telling me why you want to win this workbook and a way for me to contact you should you be the winner. Deadline to Enter is Monday, May 28th at 11pm EST. Winner will be announced THURSDAY, MAY 31!
I was not compensated for this review. I was sent a workbook to keep and review. All opinions are my own.