Mom is the proud recipient of the:
that she received from the wonderful blog:
From Long Life Cats & Dogs, “Long Life Cats and Dogs has been started, in order to introduce people to the lives of the people and animals in these shelters. It is a regular news feed and, hopefully, a future means of assisting with the generation of funding and food for the Pro-Life, No-Kill Animal Welfare Shelters in and around Gauteng (South Africa). These shelters provide permanent homes, love, food and medical attention for rescued animals for whom they are unable to find “forever” homes.”
Here are the rules when accepting this award:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.—check!
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you—check!
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
Since this is a “girly” award and my Mom is a “girly” I decided to tell you seven things about her!
1) Mom’s Grandfather was from Johannesburg, S.Africa. When I met “Long Life Cats & Dogs”, finding out they are from S.Africa was a special treat!
2) Places Mom has lived: New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio and now Michigan!
3) Mom’s father, (Ray Osrin) was an Editorial Cartoonist at Ohio’s largest newspaper, The Plain Dealer in Cleveland, Ohio who enjoyed world-wide notoriety (BEFORE the days of the Internet and blogs) and was featured in TIME and Newsweek (to name a few)
4) Mom is a “middle child” and oh yeah she suffers from “middle child syndrome”
5) Mom was a lifeguard and taught swimming, she was also on a summer swim team where she swam the 50-meter freestyle and various relays (Mom wasn’t quite as “fluffy” back in the day as she is now BOL).
6) Speaking of ”fluffy” Mom collects cook books and loves to watch Rachael Ray, Bitchin Kitchen, Master Chef, Hell’s Kitchen, tons of shows on the Food Network and The Cooking Channel. Funny thing is, with the TONS of cook books that Mom has, where does she go to search for recipes? The Internet. Yep….she has brains…NOT!!
7) When Mom was little and drew pictures in school, she had a unique way of “signing” her name on the back of the pictures. She would draw a TV and put HER NAME inside of the screen. Delusions of grandeur? Yep…I would say so. BOL!
We are supposed to pass this award on to 7 other fabulous bloggers. You know the drill. Mom is a rebel (and I can be too). We love ALL of you and want you to accept this award as YOURS!! We value, love and enjoy each and every one of you!!
What we DO have to say is:
Barks and licks and love, Dakota and “Mom”