I am so excited that I can hardly contain myself! I am spinning and barking to beat the band! Why? Because a couple of weeks ago I received my FIRST blogging award!!!
I couldn’t believe it!
My brother Cody has received many blogging awards and always brags about that fact to me, but up til this award I have won NOTHING! NADA, ZIP, GOOSE EGG!! That is probably partly due to my Mom and Cody always monopolizing the computer with their feline follies but that’s a story for another day. All that matters is that I received my FIRST blogging award!
I am honored to have received it from a blog that I follow that is simply superb. That blog is called Roxy The Traveling Dog (click on the name to check out her blog if you haven’t already!) Mom and I think highly of Roxy and her Mom so that makes this an extra special honor!!
When you receive this award the first requirement is to name who gave you the award (check!) Then you list 10 things that you may not know about me (or Mom or both!)
1) I sort of gave it away but for those of you woofies who may have Mommies who like cats, Mom and my brother Cody have a blog called Cat Chat (you can click on the name to check it out!)
2) My Mom and my Dad were show dogs!! That partly explains why I am so handsome!! It would also be due to the fact that Shelties are just downright handsome or beautiful to begin with!
3) My Mommy’s name was Tula, here is a photo of her that my first Mommy Sheila Ellis took of some other brothers and sisters of mine that were born way after me!
4) Whenever my Mom and Dad come home from ANYWHERE (even if they have been gone for 30 seconds) I run and pick up my favorite toy (my red, white and blue Dollar Store toy, go figure!) and I run around the room with it in my mouth while Mom sings “Hooray for the red, white and blue.” No one understands why I do this. I won’t tell Mom and Dad but I don’t understand it either!
5) I kiss my kitty brother Cody ALL the time! I love him so much
6) I live in Michigan
7) I am an obedience school drop-out. Just call me a “Sweathog.” (For those of you that might be too young to know that term, it came from the TV show from the 70s, “Welcome Back Kotter”)
8) I don’t like sleeping in a dog bed. Yep, that’s right! Mom has bought me at least FOUR beds and I want nothing to do with ANY of them! Cody ends up taking them ALL. Mom wishes she could find a bed for me that I would actually LIKE. She doesn’t know that I LOVE sleeping on the carpet either under the coffee table, dining room table or on the floor by the baby gate in the hallway.
9) I am a very loud dog at home but I am a perfect gentleman at the vet! I truly am! Everyone there talks about how “calm” I am. I have ‘em fooled don’t I?
10) I have only had my blog since April. Mom and Cody have had theirs for slightly over two years. That makes me extra grateful for this award because Cody has THOUSANDS of readers and me? I have around 200 if I am lucky!! No matter what, I love each and every one of my readers and I am super grateful for all of you.
Another requirement when you receive this award is to pass it on to 6 other blogs. Well, Mom, Cody and I have a “thing” about that. We follow over 300 blogs (yep we sure do!!!) and we can’t narrow it down to choosing just six. Plus, some people like receiving awards and some don’t cause they just don’t have the time to blog about it which is a requirement of getting an award.
So, if you read this and you haven’t had this award yet you definitely DESERVE IT and should grab it and make it your own!!!! Blogs take a lot of time writing, posting, editing, and tons of other stuff and anyone involved in blogging knows this to be true! If you are a blogger I want you to have this and tell your friends that Dakota gave it to you with LOTS of BARKS, LICKS and LOVE!!!!