Last night Mom & I sat down to begin to make a long-overdue trip around the Blog-o-sphere to try to catch up reading the posts of our buddies, and boy oh boy were we ever shocked and honored with what we found!
Here is some info about Bella and her “Mom” Leslie:
“Bringing up Bella is a journal of sorts about my beautiful, crazy, smart (and crazy-smart) rescue dog, Bella (and other doggie stuff).
Bella is both fearful and reactive and I hope these stories will highlight her amazing resilience, joy and growth as well as my own learning curve as her guide through this life’s journey.”
Mom is tickled and grateful, I on the other paw, am shocked! Us? “Versatile?” Ummm…have you seen the ridiculous amount of product we have featured on this blog in the past few months?
The fact that Leslie and Bella, whose blog is impeccably organized, beautifully written and evokes complete and total feelings of love to all who read it, thinks we are “Versatile” is the greatest honor indeed! We thank you from the tip of our ears to the end of our respective “tails.” We are shimmying, shaking and spinning with delight! THANK YOU!
All awards come with rules and this award is no different. The rules involved in accepting this award are:
1) Thank the award giver and link back to them (check)
2) Share 7 things about yourself. Ok here we go. Mom wasn’t in a mood to reveal much about herself so she is passing the keyboard on to me.
Here are my 7 things:
1) I love to be brushed. Yes! I am a vain little guy! If you have a brush, are ready, willing and able, I will stand and be brushed for however long you are willing to do it! If I were a woman I would be one of those 100-strokes-a-day-kinda-gals.
2) I can talk. Mr. Ed isn’t the only one who can yakety-yak all day, the incredible Dakota has something to say!
Mom engages me in conversations while she is cooking. She asks about my day, my thoughts and I respond, ( I am doing it now but you can’t hear me BOL!)
3) I can spell. I know how to spell “D-I-N-N-E-R”, “P-E-A-N-U-T B-U-T-T-E-R” and “B-O-N-E” (it is important when one is spelling that they include the dashes as well. BOL!
4) I can read lips. Mom almost fell over with this one. She was
playing harassing me one day, and was trying to get me riled up, which doesn’t take too long. She started mouthing all sorts of words. I barked at just the right time and at each proper place, for each and every word.
5) I am crazy at home but a perfect gentleman at the Vet. I love my Vet and the entire staff. The Vet always marvels at how “calm” I am. Mom says I am like the little kids that act up at home for their parents but at school they are perfect angels. In my opinion when someone is standing there with a needle in their hand, poised to give me a shot in the butt, it behooves me to be on my best behavior. I’m no fool!
6) I once ate part of my Mom’s cell phone-ummm…we won’t go there
7) I prefer to sleep on the floor and not sleeping in a dog bed. My poor Mom has bought me so many beds because she says she can’t bear to watch me sleep on the floor. She is afraid that if people see photos of me sleeping on the floor they will think she is an awful Mom. Mom will purchase every bed that strikes her fancy and I have yet to sleep in ANY of them. Oh yes, I have eaten a few, but sleep in them? NOPE. Not ME! My kitty brother Cody has inherited the majority of them.
The last rule involved in accepting this award is to pass it on to 15 other bloggers. Mom and I always feel so bad when we are asked to do that.
There have been all sorts of things in the blogging world that maybe myself, my brother Cody and my Mom have been included in, or not, that can often cause hurt feelings, albeit usually unintentionally.
We have experienced seeing lists, events, or whatever that we thought maybe we would be included in, for a myriad of reasons, and then for reasons that we often don’t understand, we find that we have been excluded. OUCH. Whether you want to admit it or not, when it happens to you, It hurts.
We all like to be recognized and to feel as if what we do is important.
We have experienced feeling like the odd-one-out in the schoolyard who is picked for a team last, it is a stinky feeling and we don’t want to make anyone else feel that way.
Also, some people don’t like to receive awards because they feel obligated to blog about them, and we know how so many of us are pressed for time, so we don’t want to unduly cause more stress, or have who we chose be upset that we chose them, or not.
Let’s just say we LOVE and APPRECIATE all of you! All bloggers bring their own unique talents to the table, we all have something special to offer, no two of us are alike, we work hard at doing what we are doing, whatever that is, and we all deserve to be recognized for our efforts!
So to our blogging buddies, if you haven’t received this award, grab it……you deserve it!
Barks and licks and love, Dakota and “Mom”