Hi everyone it’s Dakota! I cannot believe an entire year has passed and this weekend it is time again for the:
Michigan’s largest Dog Show – the family friendly 2013 Michigan Winter Dog Classic – Hosted by the Oakland County Kennel Club and Livonia Kennel Club, dog lovers can enjoy the four-day event packed with can’t-miss exhibits, entertainment, educational seminars and the newest feature, “My Dog Can Do That.” The 2013 Michigan Winter Dog Classic returns to the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, Michigan January 17-20, 2013.
The Michigan Winter Dog Classic showcases more than 7,000 dogs, 160+ breeds of “man’s best friends” throughout the course of the event, including several breeds getting ready for the country’s premier Westminster Kennel Club Dog show in February 2013. Dogs will be judged in accordance with the American Kennel Club.
New Feature – “My Dog Can Do That” – Can Have Your Dog Be Part of the Action At This Year’s Event
For the first time in the history of the Michigan Winter Dog Classic, the annual event will feature the AKC’s attraction, My Dog Can Do That! This unique attraction allows owners to bring their dogs and let them try some of the fun competitive events (Saturday, January 19 & Sunday, January 20) from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. It is FREE to take part in My Dog Can Do That! Participating dogs must be at least 6 months old and have proof of rabies vaccination. No pre-registration is required for My Dog Can Do That!
During My Dog Can Do That!, professional trainers will show owners how to get their dog started in the exciting sport of agility, which is an obstacle course for dogs. They will help owners try beginning agility equipment with their dog – plus give them some helpful obedience tips. They will also have information on where to find professional dog training classes in the local communities.
In addition to trying agility with your dog, you can test your dogs’ manners and basic obedience at the AKC Canine Good Citizen tests from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday. For more information on My Dog Can Do That! and the AKC Canine Partners program, access www.akc.org/mixedbreeds, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-816-3749.
Some other “can’t-miss” attractions the entire family will enjoy are:
- educational demonstrations
- obedience & conformation judging
- breed seminars
- Access to many of the 160+ breeds recognized by the American Kennel Club, the Oakland County Kennel Club and the Livonia Kennel Club and sanctioned by the American Kennel Club
The 2013 Michigan Winter Dog Classic is scheduled to run from:
- 10 a.m.-6 p.m. ~Thursday, January 17
- 9 a.m.-6 p.m. ~ Friday, January 18, Saturday, January 19th and Sunday, January 20th.
- Admission for the 2013 Michigan Winter Dog Classic is $10/adult, $8/children ages 7-12 and seniors, and FREE for children 6 and under. A family admission plan ($35) is also available and includes admission for two adults and three children. Group discounts are also available for a school group, scouts, senior citizen club, or ANY group of 12 or more. For more information on this year’s event, visit www.themichiganwinterdogclassic.com
Last year Mom was lucky and was able to go, this year she isn’t sure if she will be able to attend. Mom enjoyed herself immensely and bought some really cool things there! Here are some photos that Mom took from her visit last year!
I am upset because Mom is telling me she thinks that we can’t make it. I wanted to try my paw at agility!! For those who CAN make it, this is gonna be a barking GOOD TIME!
Barks and licks and love,