This was Mom’s view when she first took her seat on her way to her first BlogPaws Conference last year.
The Pilots knew they had better STEP ON IT…AND FAST!!
Are you going to BlogPaws 2012 in Salt Lake City?
If so, how are you getting there?
If you are hesitating, want a 20% discount on your registration? Just enter BlogPaws2012-POPs-Caren at checkout
If you are a “newbie” attending the BlogPaws conference for the first time. Be sure to join the Newbie Meet & Greet group in the BlogPaws Community. There will be “newbies” , second-timers (like my Mom) and “old-timers” that have attended BlogPaws multiple times! (Day and time of Newbie Meet & Greet to be determined)
ALSO…NEW THIS YEAR! FROM BLOGPAWS:
This is the only awards program where pet bloggers (and pet people who “microblog” on Twitter and Facebook) are being judged by a panel of distinguished professionals on their expertise, creativity, and performance in one or more of 12 categories. Best of all, The BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Awards are not a popularity contest!
Nominations are open April 23, 2012 – now! – and close May 6th at 11:59pm MT. Bloggers may nominate themselves or another pet blogger or microblogger in the following categories:
- Best Blog Design: judged on overall design elements of the blog homepage/landing page.
- Best Blog Writing: judged on overall writing skill – is the message clear to the reader?
- Best Humor Blog: judged on overall sense of humor – does it make us laugh?
- Best Bark Blog: judged on the content as it applies to dogs and dog parents. (I know one Sheltie who would LOVE to be nominated…BOL!!)
- Best Meow Blog: judged on the content as it applies to cats and cat parents. (maybe Cody could get a nomination for
- Cat Chat?)
- Best Wiggle Blog: judged on focus of blog toward non-traditional pets (i.e. ferrets, guinea pigs, chickens, etc).
- Best New Blog: less than one year old, with good content and engagement.
- Best Cause Blog: judged on message, purpose and results as demonstrated on the blog.
- Best Video on a Blog: judged independently (one video per blog); is it well done, focused, creative and purposeful?
- Best Photo on a Blog: judged independently (one photo per blog); is it well done, focused, creative and purposeful?
- Best Facebook Design: judged on overall design of Facebook header and use of special Facebook page features.
- Best Twitter Design: judged on overall design elements for Twitter profile background.
Finalists will be announced on or about May 15th and the winners will be awarded during an awards ceremony on Saturday, June 23rd at BlogPaws 2012. It will be an event you won’t want to miss! You are not required to be present to win, but we do encourage it. For anyone who can’t make it, the ceremony will be live streamed for free for all to watch.
There will be so much going on at BlogPaws 2012 and Mom is hoping to meet each and every one of you there!
Barks and licks and love, Dakota